Thursday, September 29, 2011

Emailing a Resume

Question: When I respond to a job posting that says I should email my resume and cover letter, what should I write in the body of the email? I don't want to repeat what I've written in my cover letter.

Answer: That is correct, you don't want to repeat what you've written in your cover letter. It's important to be brief. Here's an example:

Dear Hiring Manager:

Attached please find my resume, cover letter, and references in response to your opening for a Sales Executive. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe
janedoe@email.com
555-555-5555

P.S. Please visit my LinkedIn profile for a quick glimpse of my accomplishments and to view my recommendations: www.linkedin.com/in/janedoe

No comments:

Post a Comment