Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How to Make Your Interview Stronger

Today's job market is very competitive, and because of this, you must do everything you can to set yourself apart from the competition during the interview. One effective way to do this is try and provide specific examples (whenever possible) when answering questions. Here are some examples:

What are your strengths as a manager?
Before:
"I have strong communication skills and am a fair supervisor."
After:
"I interact well with my staff and utilize a fair supervisory approach. As a result, out of 25 staff members, I have had only one resignation in five years (and this individual resigned for a promotion with another company)."

 
Why should we hire you?
Before: "I have a proven track record for saving my company money."
After: "I have a strong record of achievement for saving money. For example, I saved $10,000 a year by building relationships with vendors and negotiating for a more durable product that was less expensive."
'

Companies and organizations want to hire people who will make a difference, so before your interview, think of stories (examples) that will showcase your accomplishments and value. The result? A stronger interview that will distinguish you from competitors and hopefully land you the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment